AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jambo 2006 and what after?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006
Time to tinker

Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Roy,

In my response in the other thread I am not having a go at the past or present Jambos - I have emensely enjoyed the past events and would like to think the 06 event would be just as enjoyable.

But being the idealistic SOB that I am I can't help but wonder if it's possible that overtime we loss the roots of what Jeeps (& Jeeping) are & are meant to be.
I find it a little sad that we seem to have lost so many early model Jeeps - Although I did not attend Dubbo, look at how many flatties there were compared to the last 3 Jambos.....
Although the bands, sit down dinners, circus tents, projectors, dancing girls and the like are nice and great fun - are we losing touch??

Also for the record as Maddog said in the other thread the NSW clubs take turn (voluntary) to run an event about every second year, it attracts about 600 vehicles, runs all easter and costs generally less than half the cost of our Jamboress.
There's no "trade" alley, there's no big tent, the awards stage is often a big truck and the crowd bring their own seat or sit on the ground and either people supply their own food or pay the bush firies etc to cook for them....
IMHO this is the sort of thing I wouldn't mind seeing........just for Jeeps.....
ok I AM an idealist....... but.......