AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Non Jeep - Driver behaviour
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts
Default Non Jeep - Driver behaviour

It's a slow weekend with all the rain, but I have been doing a lot of kilometers in the JKU lately and have often thought about posting on this subject.

I know it sounds like I am generalising, but I can't help feel that of all the makes and models, in my experience, the Hilux driver is the most likely to overtake me at speed on the open road or trail and throttle-up their engines and violently steer as they pass. Moreso than the Ranger drivers. It's as if the Hilux drivers need to prove themselves in some way or completely lose their minds at the sight of a Jeep Wrangler.

Again, it is anecdotal. I haven't counted, but by far it is the Hilux.

What is your experience?

The 70 series owners tend to be laid back and chug along at a reasonable pace as do most other make/model drivers.

When I drive my XJ, everybody wants to go around me. They think because the car is shiny and stock looking that I am probably 80 (I have much respect for elders) and driving a classic car (it is indeed a classic by name and by nature!!) However, when I put the pedal to the metal, they suffer shock as they get left behind like an unwanted speck on my rear vision mirror.

Last edited by eksjay; 29-11-2023 at 02:25 PM.