AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ESP Disable - Take two
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisNut View Post
The brake gear shouldn't be activated because it should be smart enough to know if it's needed or not on each axle if it knows the locker is engaded, more likely it's still turned on but because it doesn't see wheel slip it doesn't activate, you may find the throttle restiction still works though if you don't have the front locker disengaged and it detects wheel spin on the front.
I suppose thetest for this is to unplug the lockers then try engage them both and see what the traction system does. Is there feedback to say they are engaged, perhaps that may need to be fooled too.
I dont think it is disabled electronically, its just disabled mechanically because the locker is on therefore there is no wheel speed difference left to right. Therefore if it is still ON, the Computer could still be reducing Power when you need it most.
If thats the case then it does explain why when i have lockers on (i have Sport not Rubi) it appears to rob me of power at times. Its hard to know if its the engine or the Dam Fricken Big-brother Computer cutting in!

I am definitely doing this mod, i need total control over what my car is doing!

I will try the same off road conditions with it On and Off and see if i notice a difference in power?

Fair enough they can use this safety guff on road, but off road the ESP button needs to turn it off completely, no partial off, just straight out off!

Last edited by ShortBlack; 17-09-2009 at 04:29 PM.