AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ESP Disable - Take two
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also just realised the ERM monitors steering wheel position, so maybe throttle is reduced when at full lock causing the inability to do circle work :/

I clearly need more experimentation on the beach as my experience last lime seemed to point to Traction Control (throttle limiting) occuring in all high range modes even Partial and Full Off modes. Perhaps it was the brakes reducing my throttle response too.

I don't want the Hokey pokey steering wheel wriggle fix as it looks like it disables ERM and Traction control that is handy for safety onroad and possibly some 4H situations and it would be a pain to have to do the steering wheel wriggle at the start and end of every offroad trip.

I think I'll be doing this purple wire switch mod after the next service

Perhaps I'll just throw the whole computer eventually and replace it with a Mitsubishi FX3U PLC and program it to do what I want, the way I want, when I want. And hook it up to a widescreen HMI touchscreen LCD to replace the instrument cluster completely
It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand............

Last edited by BrisNut; 17-09-2009 at 06:49 PM.