AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4.0l XJ overheating? Start here - the basics!
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
Sounds like those fans are cooling the water temp down too much. You could cut down the airflow with a bit of removable plywood, rework the fans or put a piece of tape over the gauge.
The fan mod went in back in about 2009 so I seriously doubt that will be the issue, the first sign of any fluctuation albeit only minor ie you could detect on the guage when the t/stat would open and close was after doing the engine swap but at the same time I had to put in a new temp sensor as it broke but it was minor not like now, if I have the AC on which means the fans are both on full speed the temp stays around the 70 mark, if I leave the AC off the fans run on low speed the temp will eventually come up higher but still not quite to where it used to.
I am thinking it may be the t/stat, I still have the original from my engine even though it is at least 8.5yrs old but was always stable and I still have the t/stat from the new motor which is ??yrs old so it will be interesting to swap them back in and see what happens....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland