AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Transmission Oil Coolers
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2011
No Winching

Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default PWR Oil Cooler Instal

Finally got my act together and made a start ...... so as to replace the junk setup Ive been limping around on for a while ....

First up ... A little pic tutorial of how to use those disconnect tools in case its handy for someone ....

The pics show the aircon lines ... but its the same process for the tranny & fuel lines.

Select the right tool and slip it over the thinnest part of the line.
Then slide it into the fitting.

Make sure its fully home.
Then wriggle the join apart ... keep a thumb on the tool while gripping the line and pulling - as the tool needs to apply pressure to the spring/clip

Eazy peazy ...... OK ... on to the long delayed oil cooler job ....
..... and its happening slow as the weather is too hot and the beers too cool ....

Took a punt that a PWR cooler with a core size of 280mm wide & 250 high would be adequate .... RD No PDG 365/2001.
Why a PWR cooler ??? ... coz it, me and my chequebook happened to all be in the same place at the same time ....

Soooo ....

Old cooler mounts ....
And of course ... its going to be one of those days .... sighhhhh ...

OK then ... new cooler mounts ....
Bolted at the top and held at the bottom by the vac cannister .... another inch left of where IT was ...

Cooler position as it looks untill I get it all off again, give it a lick of black paint to keep deezleweazle - and myself happy, fit the nylocs and rubber pads ... trim the nosecone around the cooler hose fittings (4mm ) and plumb it all up.

Will put some pics of plumbing in later ... and will update this post with temp recordings as I get around to them.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Disconnect Tool 05.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	45341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disconnect Tool 06.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	45342   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWR Install 01.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	45343   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWR Install 02.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	45344   Click image for larger version

Name:	PWR Install 03.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	45345  

Last edited by carvesdodo; 23-01-2011 at 08:31 PM.