AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Huge announcement! Jeep head office want to help you!
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well done Ashton.

Its a shame we have to go to such lengths to get the service we have paid for somewhere.
My experience is as follows and you may be able to help.

I purchased my WK2 preloved with 30000kls on the clock to tow my new 20 foot van The Jeep does an absolutely marvelous job of that. Unfortunately I fearful storm developed while away from our campsite and dumped water through an open window. Result left a very wet interior and water in the compartment under the passenger seat. So end up with drowned power train module and error code on the dash. Apparently this has caused a malfunction in the power train circuitry.
Every thing seems to be operating except no 4WD.

Now comes the sad part. Being new to Jeeps and their associated dealerships, I visited the local sealer here in Hervey Bay. Having had several new cars and dealt with dealers before I was not expecting any joyful news.

The result was the report as follows.

The water has drowned the Power Train Module and corroded the wiring looms and these will be need to be replaced. So tried the drowned module first. $600.00 later still got error codes and no 4WD. Then informed the wiring looms are extremely corroded to the point they ate falling apart??? the resistance in the wiring is not reading at all so we cant identify the problem.
Oh!!Oh!! Sounds like I expected. What to do now. Well we could replace the wiring looms but that is going to cost maybe $5000.. You read it right. And we still may not be able to fix it.

Great . Told them I would have to consider that sort of money but was assured no damage was affecting the car and it would be safe to drive.

So off to try another auto electrician. Basically the same answer.

Many sleepless nights,6 months, later and several reems of forum pages I decided to buy my own scanner, $400, knowing of course it wouldnt do the total job, but might give a clue as to what was going on.

Also decided to have a look at this corroded wiring loom, strange doesnt appear to be falling apart or more importantly corroded. Hmmmm where now??

More forum pages later found Ausjeep and your pages. Found the right wiring diagrams. found the right fuse, and guess what HEY Presto All fixed.

You would have to think, anyone playing around with electrical problems, cars or otherwise, would at least look at fuses, but then I am just the dumb customer, what would I know..

Well I think it is fixed. But I would like to have the Jeep checked by somebody who knows there way around these marvelous machines.

And it must be about time somebody had these lying crooks removed from this industry at least.Congrats Ashton for trying.I am going to Melbourne late August with van in tow so I am happy to seek advice from Hervey Bay to Melbourne if they exist.

Any one got any suggestions.

betteroff10