AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2.8L CRD reliability/issues?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was going to start my own topic but as this one is up i may aswell post it in here. Will keep it short for now untill tommorow when i get more time. I will start off saying how much i love the little diesel engine as it takes anything in its stride. I own a 2door jk auto diesel 63000ks on the clock serviced every 10000kms. 2weeks ago cruising down the highway oil pressure light comes up on dash with a chime automatically shuts down engine. Called jeep assist and they had arranged to get it towed to closest service centre as they wouldnt be able to do road side repair. Been almost 3weeks now with a call now and then from the service department saying were having trouble getting injectors out as they are rusted inside the head 'saying its not an uncommon thing' also we have narowed the problem down to being the cam belt at fault. So i let things slide for a few days until i get a call today saying (not quoting) weve got all injectors out and have got the rocker cover off the cause was the cam belt had jumped a tooth causing things inside the engine to spiral outta control damaging to many things and we will need another 3weeks with the car due to we need to replace the engine with a complete new one and we need to source parts from germany. Hopeing this is a one off thing as otherwise engine has been a real fighter except sometimes temp gauge may rise a little doing beach work and long hill climbs. Will keep everyone posted as things proceed. Cheers, grant

Last edited by JK_MANNIX; 01-03-2011 at 08:30 PM.