AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Diesel Filter
Thread: Diesel Filter
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017
Established Member

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08crd View Post
I installed a Racor filter, with water alarm, on the Commander.
I mounted it to the strut cross brace, it has been on there for about 7 years, so no problems.

It was similar model to this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Racor-Di...kAAOSwJ4hY9-Qf

I installed a 30micron spin on and carried a 2micron spare, figured if the alarm went off, spin on the 2micron and drain more often on the way home. lol

Ah, just remembered how I did it.
I used a piece of half round that fit snug over the cross brace.
I then fabricated a bracket from angle, to fit the half round and drilled it to fit the filter mounting holes, so the filter could be removed from the bracket if required.
Then I welded the angle to the half round, so that the filter sat in the right place.
When I then attached the bracket to the cross brace, I used the existing threaded hole, but instead of drilling another hole, I decided to use a hose clamp at the top.
Then if I wanted to take it off and put it back to standard, it was as built, no extra holes.

Sounds a bit convoluted, but pretty easy job, I can get some pics if anyone is interested.
Cheers 08 CRD a few pics would be awesome mate if its not to much trouble, it will be much appreciated.