AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Commander owners post your pics.
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

If they are going to bring out a 2010 Commander maybe somebody at Chrysler will get their S#!T together and make some minor changes to the front end to make it easier to fit sensible tyres. It is bloody stupid to make a 2.3 ton 4x4 that can't take a normal size tyre that is suitable for off road e.g 265 x 65 minimum upto 265 x 75. All it shows is the people who design the car have no idea about off road requirements. No wonder Toyota,Mitsubishi and just about anybody else laughs at them. Even the baby Prado and Pajero come standard with 265 x 65, let alone the Landcruiser or Patrol (285 X 75). Jeep need to sort it out or get out of the 4X4 business. There is no point in having 160Kw/500Nm when all it does is dig holes and buries itself in it's own hole because of small tyres.
Maybe someone on the forum knows a web address to send a suggestion to, also if they can change the front slightly make it a retro-fit so we can fix ours without having to buy new rims. Also if they do it the retro fit it will be legal and comply with Aust standards. If ever there was an oppurtunity to fix a stuff up this is it lets get onto it.
Anyway I think everyone knows my thoughts now.