AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Brake Fluid
Thread: Brake Fluid
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLMATE View Post
One of these will do the trick. Slips over the bleed nipple and draws all the old shit out, whilst keeping the master cyl topped up.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/39489953...oAAOSws7tlEBcN
I wonder how well it would go or be a one timer certainly make life easier...... still have to keep a close on the reservour.

If we are going to go into the How..........
Then I always use a bit of plastic tube which fits over the bleed nipple and runs into a clear container, I found a Vegemite jar with a hole in the lid to fit the tube means it doesn't come out, the jar has enough fluid in it so air isn't sucked back up the line, then with someone to pump the peddle about 3 times, they then hold it down, while you open the bleed nipple for the fluid to flow for a second or so, then close nipple and allow the peddle pusher to pump it up again, checking the reservour every couple of pumps, when the fluid comes clear move to the next one .... the pedal is not to be moved whilst bleed valve open..... this is started from the furthest bleed valve then the next one, with ABS systems fitted the utmost care must be taken to ensure the reservour never gets low and air doesn't get into the system or youve stuffed it.... unlike the old stuff where if you got into the system you just had to bleed away till you got it out..................
Its when you change very worn pads/shoes that you can get into problems with pistons leaking as they can have a build up around them, I will pull back the boot and wipe the piston down before pushing it back in, this usually sorts and later leaking.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 20-11-2023 at 05:46 AM.