AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WH CRD Hard to Start
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 843 Times in 471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
First start every morning - and only the first start - my 3.0 CRD is difficult to start. I find I need to wait 5-6 seconds after the ready light goes out otherwise it is like trying to start the motor without waiting for the plugs to glow. Occasionally it will then start easily but more often take a few revolutions.

I have replaced the igniters AND the igniter control box to no effect. A few months later I even replaced those igniters, this time with NGK. Same result.

After that first start every morning, difficult even in summer temperatures, it starts VERY easily. Any ideas? Thanks.

Another issue is that my dash plastic is starting to bleed and becoming sticky, I guess from heat. Does anyone have a cleaning cure for that? I have tried Isopropyl Alcohol without much result. Less sticky but a tendency to stain. Perhaps ArmourAll?
Have had the same start problem for a year.No fault codes! New glow plugs ,new glow plug module, Bosch rebuilt injectors,new coolant temp sensor,
,cleaned EGR valve ,just today ordered a fuel rail pressure sensor.I suspect it might be a faulty injector but scan doesntbshow it. I would try a very good injector cleaner eg Penrite To see if it cleans your injectors
Re dash I cleaned with waterbased cleaner then sprayed 333 Protectant which made it much less sticky ,not armourall.