AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Common problems
Thread: Common problems
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

I’m in the minority here, owning the petrol V6 but I have been impressed by the vehicle’s reliability and comfort. I actually purchased it 4 years ago today.

Jeep and my dealer have been mostly good, save for a recent experience with my dealer that has soured my opinion of them. In almost all cases, they’ve been good and responsive.

I had a drivetrain issue about 2 years back, a manufacturing defect had affected the driveshaft but it was dealt with pretty well by Jeep and the dealer.

The pentastar is bloody solid. I’ve never wished for more power, but I don’t tow a camper trailer or caravan. It’s very efficient on the highway. I’d get close to 900km a tank if I was willing to really test it out.

Off road it is highly capable too. I’ve taken it through some pretty rough and very steep terrain and it has performed beautifully. It doesn’t have lockers but the few times I’ve needed it, the BLD has worked well.

To be honest, there simply isn’t another equally capable and comfortable 4wd vehicle available at this price, or anywhere near it in fact. It strikes a great balance, being a 4wd that drives like a car.

Love my WK2 and I’m sure you’d love it too if that’s what you choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar