AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - FSJ: My rebuild
Thread: FSJ: My rebuild
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
What are your plans for it?
My plans? Hmmmmmm this old girl is very original and mostly all there just a few trinket items absent, Im in two minds I always had a vision in my head if I was going to do up a FSJ it would have to be Ford Yellow Glow with tthee standard black out work, A Ford Shaker in the bonnet if it had the 360 Motor, dark tinted windows, original stripe kit and an interior spruce up and that would do me, that was the plan but as the years roll on what I want changes

So at the moment Im tidying up the body what little work there is to do, Ill attempt to cut back the original paint and if it comes up ok Ill just touch up for now, interior is gutted I have to fit a new head liner, new carpets and dash padding, the engine is very strong and it has the big T-18 Ford box, I had a 6cyl 5 spd 82 Cherro the gearbox was piss weak but the engine amazing, these old girls are just tractors, they pull hard, real hard I love these engines, anyways trying to keep it reasonably original, it has a V8 rad support so a V8 radiator will go in, new set of tyres on the original rims. See how long it lasts before I start doing other mods, luckily its had new shocks, its got real nice headers, I cant see any issues under it.