AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Cooper STT Pro Tyres
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Driveway dimensions, fit and finish, and kitchen window admiring

The first few days, my wife got to break in the tyres driving some 100km of corrugated roads south of Alice Springs while I was out of town, and reported back with "they're really nice" "everyone else is jealous" and "they feel a bit splashy on the dirt road" followed by this picture:

Tyre pressures run on that occurrence were 25psi all round, and the 'splashy' feeling was likely due to the decreased pressures and operating speeds of likely around 100km/h on corrugations.

Back in the driveway, a good look around shows how the tyres sit in the wheel well. Please note: there is a Teraflex levelling kit installed and a Uneek4x4 bull bar attached (and the springs/shocks have had 40,000km of abuse), so dimensions may vary slightly for those that are completely stock and looking to fit these.

Things get a bit tighter for the spare, with added compression of the spare tyre rubber stoppers

very little room to move around the third brake light,

and even less room around the well space in the rear bumper - there is contact from the tyre at the lower right side on the rear bumper, but no vibration that I can see thus far.

Next Post: Flex and rub check