AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - CJ8 or CJ10 Build Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2014
MudSplasher

Liked 275 Times in 139 Posts
Default CJ8 or CJ10 Build Thoughts

Thanks guys.

There's an original 83 CJ8 local to me (on gumtree) asking $6900 but would need a good work over as it's been sitting for 16 years. Hence my thought that there's a few around. Agreed though that I wouldn't want to butcher a mint one though.

CJ10s seem to come up more often than CJ8s as long as I've been watching though.

Re the TF727, the CJ10a tugs used the dodge pattern with the SD33 reportedly, different housing/pattern to those behind the 360. They seem to be around enough in the US to source an adapter plate and the 3 speed auto too if I couldn't find a 4 speed to mate with it.

As a tourer, we would likely end up with a camper trailer.

You might be right Buzzcutter about bringing one in from the U.S., I believe NSW rego still permits LHD for 30 year old cars and I still have contacts in the import game.

I see CJ10s running YJ doors, how likely is it that a CJ8 tub could marry up to the firewall forward front end of a CJ10? I've also seen CJ10 front clips on CJ7s etc..