AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Parking sensors playing up
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2021
Established Member

Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

OK,
Got back onto this problem again today.
Have done a bit of research and it seems a comon problem is a plug in the back left hand corner which connects the park sensors to the rear bumper, it can get alot of water and muck up in there which has caused a few problems for people on other forums.
So i took the rear bumper off and pulled the plug apart, but it was pretty good in there and no sign of any corossion.
So i then decided would turn my attention to the front bumper assembly as i presumed it would have a similar type plug. I eventually found this in the front right hand corner, as I was looking at it I noticed the the little red clip that slides back and forward to lock and open the plug was in the open position. So as i reached up to get the plug it basically fell apart in my hand, I sprayed some contact cleaner in around it stuck it back together and pushed the red clip home and Presto the park sensors are working again.
Obviusly some lazy mechanic couldn't be fucked sliding the red button home and it eventually wiggled it's way loose.