AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Custom Bash Plates for a WH!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018
Established Member

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts

@davet - Good to hear you're interested. I can tell them that is 2 sets at least.

I folded my third plate backwards doing a water crossing in the Vic High Country last year so they aren't very strong. If water and sand can cause problems for the plates they definitely can't handle the weight of the Jeep on them in the rough stuff.

I've removed my front air dam too but I doubt this has any impact on filling them with sand etc. They are just plates so there are plenty of areas for the fine stuff to get in. They are just weak.

I've worked out it will cost me a few hundred dollars to get to Melbourne and back with fuel and accommodation etc. Unfortunately I don't have another reason to head south (no time for a holiday) so if no-one from Melbourne can help out I may just get someone in QLD to make some and pick them up on the way to the Cape. It will cost me twice as much which is a huge waste but less than driving to Melbourne and back which is more of a waste.

It won't help anyone here though which is a shame.

HB