AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Best Tire Selection Ideas For 2019
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
Yeah OK, good you are happy with the Dynapro mate. I wasn't meaning to offend you. I've worn out the odd tyre or two in my 58 years as well, and have some idea of the compromises involved in using a compound that would go that distance.

all good, takes alot to offend me

i'm only going on my experience and what other's here are saying

the fact you have 60 years of changing tyres means that you should be more accepting of the fact that technology changes and 100K out of a set if looked after properly shouldn't be unrealistic . You've seen tyres go from wooden tyres all the way through to modern tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
I understand what you're saying mate and I love my motorsport too. One thing that never goes hand in hand is traction and longevity. Hence why they have so many compounds to choose from in MotoGP or Supercars...as well as wet weather tyres. I'm not saying you can't get 100k out of a set of tyres, I am saying acceptable traction and braking will have long gone by then …..for me.

The only noticeable change in grip was last winter in WA . The tail did get a little happy and i had the odd slight lockup under heavy breaking but i managed to get through winter and once dry had no issues . If i was ******** i would prob have changed them at 80-90K but i wanted to see if i could get 100K out of them and i did . The week before i changed them i was doing muddy forest hillclimbs and still managed to do them .