AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Wh Grand Cherokee Common Faults And Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016
Irok Bandit

Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
With that rattle on start up, do you have a rattle when applying throttle off idle that sounds similar to VVTi rattle? Been trying to figure out what it would be. I am not familair with a rattle on start up with mine, but I get a rattle when applying throttle off idle.
No, on start up only. I don't know what oil is in the engine or when it was changed so I will do an oil & filter change before I remove from the vehicle & see if it makes a difference. Because it may sit for a while AW10 will be added as well.

I have used quite a few different oils in my grand & each has had different effects on engine noise. I found with Castrol that the engine was noisier all round but especially at start-up, Valvoline thinned out when really hot & oil light flashed on (I mean REALLY hot, towing up big hills in summer).

I always come back to Penrite Enviro or Nulon 5w-30 diesel.