AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - simex centipedes- road legal??
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burmonster View Post
mmm ok, they have the DOT approval written on them, ans they say they are speed rated, there 32s on a xj with a 3.5 inch lift, so i think i should be fine. dont be a hoon or a smart arse and hopefully ill be ok ill only be driving them from my house to my wheeling destination.
i guess ill find out when they get here, but wat are peoples thoughts on: if i am goin campng/4x4ing for the weekend, and covering, lets say 600kms, should i trailer the muddies and change them when i get there, or just drive the 600kms on them??
takeing into account wear, safety, comfort on a long ride, and the PITA of changeing tyres all the time and carting a trailer around??
thanks
burmonster

I've ran pedes on my XJ on and off for the last two years now, mainly putting them on for wheeling then taking them off again. Occasionally I was super lazy and left them on for a week or so until they got that dam annoying that they had to come off. 600kms on the road will wear them real fast and it'll be the most annoying 6 hours of your life.
They are a great tyre off road but road duties wear them out really quick, the fronts will heal and toe pretty quick down the centre and the shoulders may scrub off on the edges so you'll have to swap them front to back.
Fine for short trips but after the first couple of days the air plane gets annoying quickly.