AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2.8 vm diesel engine life
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

This VM 2.8 crd motor is known to have the rep of being a "million mile motor" provided reasonable care is taken of it. I believe that was in the design brief? That is my target. I agree with the points Glend made re wet liners and the other benefits he notes.

The "sweetness" one picks up from these motors as they just begin to be run in getting up over 30 000kms. This sweet ltalian motor has a note that is associated with longevity and jolly good engineering as has been my experience with Italian made motors like Pasquali and many others and I am in awe of the life expectancy engineered into Fiat agricultural engines Same too (pronounced Sar-may).

This note has always been a tonality which from experience is indicative of a keeping on keeping on motor - of a motor in balance. Many newer ones just don't have it now - a different way to say it to Glend but meaning the same thing really.

If the last Corolla we owned did 500 000 km before trade-in and our current Ford is @ just over 200 000 km why not?
Cheers
Auberon

Last edited by Auberon; 04-06-2011 at 01:21 AM.