AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeep hubs on a Jayco
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Thats all fine, I also put 5 x 4.5 hubs on my camper trailer.

However, as DaveM said you need to know what bearings are being used, most probably Jayco will be using SL (Slimline often called Ford) they are slightly larger than the Holden bearing many smaller box trailers use.

However the other point DaveM made was back space, i have aftermarket Alloys on my XJ so it was not an issue, if I try to use the standard steel wheels with 5.25" back space the clearance is very limited, and i needed to grind about ½ mm off the centre hubs to fit the rims over.

The KL i think uses a front wheel drive type offset which may mean that other than the wheel centre being too small not sure how much will need to be trimmed, they are likely to rub on the inner guard of the camper.

All things that need to be checked. many people have just purchased and fitted very easy job, however, some are just plain lucky and don't have issues, measure everything first as back space and the wheel centre hole can be issues, if not to much just as i did start the angle grinder and slowly rotate the hub until the wheel fits over. But measure back space first because after all that f????ing around i did not have acceptable clearance using standard wheels, the aftermarket alloys had 4" back space and worked perfectly.