AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Myths and fairy tails about the VM TD
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2017
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDegroot View Post
Hi guys,

Just bought a 2001 XJ TD (UK import). Hasn't been treated the best and I need a new radiator and rocker cover gasket. Anybody have any good suggestions for suppliers either here or in the UK?

Also, I'll probably be looking to upgrade to sports extractors, but again finding it difficult to locate manufacturers and whatnot.

Has anyone done much with chip-tuning? Any info recommendations would be great!

Thanks!!
Talk to MudMonster on the group. He was making larger dump pipes at one stage. TD doesnt have a need for extractors as its a turbo diesel.
Spyder in the UK made a tuner box. I have one but have been told that it wont work on the 92 pin engine computer & as yours is a 2001 that is what it will probably have. Do you have 2 temp senders ~ heads 2 & 3 IIRC?

You are probably better forming a rocker gasket with silicone. Put down an even bead on the cover surface about 3mm thick, once it goes hard, wipe a thin layer of silicone on the stuff that has gone hard & bolt it down gently.

Probably easiest to get a radiator from UK. They are on ebay. The cooling system is very important as over heating will kill the heads very quick.

How many Km has it done?

Does it have a HP or LP front diff?

Good luck.