AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Unhappy customer in NZ...
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2017
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Unhappy customer in NZ...

Last year, my wife decided to purchase a brand new 2016 Jeep Cherokee with the technology package.

Problems started when the car was delivered and was dirty inside and out and with rust on some bolt heads and a seatbelt anchor. Salesman was very patronising to my wife and simply offered to buy her some flowers to make up for it. Not suprisingly she was pretty pi55ed and upset (this was her first ever brand new car) and the experience was pretty poor.

They did fix the issues, but only after I kicked up a real stink and contacted Jeep NZ. The dealership manager suddenly became involved. They apologised and offered a free 12 month service and also a free full groom.

12 months later, car went into dealer and came out without being groomed - despite them being reminded of the promise she had in writing.

Now, we have just found out - and only because we chased them up - that the sat nav maps have not been updated. There are a couple of MAJOR roads (that we know of) which simply do not exist according to the satnav. Now we find out from the service centre that Jeep NZ have not received any map updates for the last 2 years and they have no idea when any will be forthcoming. Pretty pointless paying to have a satnav system in your vehicle if you can't actually use it in some areas. The dealer certianly didn't point this fact out to use - guess he would be worried that we would have gone and bought something else (Wife REALLY wishes she had!!!).

What is going on? Appreciate that this is not entirely the dealer's fault (Though they could have been upfront and honest at time of purchase) but surely Jeep should be able to sort this out. 2 years is ridiculous.

Have tried contacting Jeep NZ themselves and am waiting for them to call me. Hopefully that won't take 2 years.

Rant over

Last edited by Jimmyb; 31-10-2017 at 04:27 PM.