AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Unhappy customer in NZ...
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017
Greying Nomad

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

This is what I sent to Jeep on 12 Oct.

"This email from FCA Customer Care was sent to me on 19th August. Has FCA really only had 1-2 business days since then?

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Care.

A Customer Service Assistant will be in contact to assist you, generally within 1-2 business days.

A copy of your enquiry follows:

Please enter your question or comments:
["I own a Grand Cherokee Limited which was built in April 2014 and which I purchased in late June of the same year. At the time I purchased the vehicle the mapping in the navigation system was out of date and in the three years I have owned it the discrepancies have, naturally, got worse. In addition the way it selects routes leaves a lot to be desired; recently when returning to Brisbane from Adelaide it tried to take me almost 100km off the shortest route.\r", "\r", "I have been asking for some time when an update will be available with the answer always being \"we don't know, maybe in a few months\". I have also been advised that when (if) an upgrade is available it is likely to cost me several hundred dollars. This I consider unacceptable considering that the navigation system has been flawed since new. I can get a better, efficient navigation system on my phone with maps that are always up to date: however I did not pay an additional $10,000 to buy a Limited rather than a Laredo in order to use my phone for navigation.\r", "\r", "Please advise when an upgrade for my navigation system will be available, and explain the reason why you intend to charge for such an upgrade (assuming that this is your intention). Can you assure me that any upgrade will not only update the maps but will also remedy the current problems with the route selection.\r", "\r", "Regards\r", "Chris Hughes "]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD