AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Lighting
Thread: Lighting
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2012
No Winching

Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
Here's something to stir up. LED light bars now have to have covers in the middle when used in QLD, not actively enforced for 12 months though.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Sa...ving_lamps.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR Queensland Under ADR 13/00 requirements, the minimum distance between two lights constituting a pair is 600mm, measured from the inner edges of the illuminating surfaces. While this specific requirement does not apply to driving lamps, it is strongly recommended that the LED light bars, when fitted as pairs, should be fitted in a way that complies with the distance requirement as closely as practicable.

In cases where a single LED light bar is fitted in the centre as one continuous light unit, the requirement to fit driving lamps in pairs could be easily met by fitting an opaque cover plate at the centre of the light bar to simulate the appearance of two separate light units. The width of such opaque dividing cover should be enough to distinguish the arrangement as two separate light units. For example, the ability of an observer standing 200m in front of the vehicle to perceive the light bar as two separate light units can be used as an approximate guide.

aahhhhhh .... the stupidity of deskbound govt regulaters ...

At 200m ... I dont care how many damn, overly bright, auxilliary driving lights are fitted ....

I just want the annoying things dipped ... so I'm only looking at the factory fitted lo-beam.

... and anybody standing 200m in front of my vehicle trying to count driving lights is likely to only have seconds to live ... if Ive figgered my 100kph time/distance ratios correctly ..