AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - REVIEW: ABR Sidewinder 12V Compressor
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
Default Warning - abr - warning don't honour warranty

That is all fine, just be advised if you ever have a problem with your ABR Sidewinder they will not come to the party.

Mine was purchased for a Cape York trip, was not used as we need fuel when we needed to air up and used servo.

mine was first used after a weekend wheel, my invoice was dated 13mths prior to the first use, over heated after tyre 3, let it cool down then jammed on and melted the wires from the + terminal - lots of smoke while i jumped up to disconnect it, obviously an issue within the electrical box.

ABR Sidewinder were impossible to deal with, would not allow me to bring the unit in, had to post it, they wanted $60 up front to look at it and then would charge for the repair, est at $60. so i still have the unit, purchased an ARB compressor, maybe not quite as fast, but at least they have warranty.

Just as a side note - setting up my dual battery i spent over $700 with ABR sidewinder buying battery box (Flyer) Deep cycle battery anderson plugs and many other terminals, wire etc. Yet they would not help with my $195 compressor.