AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Inverter stick welders
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts
Default Inverter stick welders

Haven't seen much about Inverter stick welders on here so thought I'd post up. I bought one on the weekend, not the most expensive but not the cheapest either, got it from a company in VIC that sells through ebay as well. Anyway, it's 200AMP and cost $340 through ebay, they also sell directly for $390 so not a massive deal via ebay but is convenient. They also carry spares and technical support. I called before I bought and they seem pretty good.

Gave it a quick test today and what can I say, amazing compared to an ordinary stick welder. Quite weird after a ordinary one as the arc feels very smooth, less splatter, very easy to strike and with a quick test it will hold the arc a looong way from the piece your welding. Oh, and it's light and the size of a portable air compressor.

Anyway, incase you cant tell I really enjoy welding with it, seems to make stick welding almost easy. Anyone else have any experience with inverter stick welders?

Cheers
Steve