AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Xenon flares
Thread: Xenon flares
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010
RustysRocker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Xenon flares

Just posting up as I will need new flares shortly when I chuck my new rims on and was thinking of getting Xenons or maybe Double Blacks but at the moment I am leaning towards Xenons (yeah I did a search and know plenty of people reckon they are ugly but I must be strange as the look of them has grown on me)

Current setup is 15x7 rims with 3.75 bs and 31x10.5 tyre which hangs outside the guards by an inch or so. I have some procomp 15 x 8 with 3.75 inch backspacing which will initially have the 31x10.5 inch procomp x terrains on them and when they are gone next step is up to 33x12.5 inch (or maybe 35x12.5 not sure.)

Will be fitting 2inch susp lift, 1.25inch bl & mml shortly to accommodate bigger tyres and bumpstop to suit.

Question is should I go 6 or 7 inch flares and are there any arguments for / against one style or the other apart from looks? Just from looking at pics I can find I would guess the xenons open up the wheel wells and allow bigger tyres with less left then compared to "normal style" flares
If anyone has opinions or pics of their rig with xenons or double blacks with any of those combos of tyres post em up please