AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Cherokee Owners post your PIC!!
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mur View Post
Hey, you wouldn't be able to convert that scan to a polygon of some form and upload it? It would be very handy for people drawing up bar work in CAD!

I know it won't have the fine details of the mounts and the like but it would certainly help to visualize any CAD model with the xj body.
Done and done, pretty basic model as my forte is large scale models (think a big hole in the ground). This was whipped up in a few minutes so there are a few nasty areas. If someone needs a high-detail model of a particular area I might be able to sort something out.
I have 3 different models ranging from 100,000 to 1,000,000 triangles/polygons. Exported them out as .obj and .dxf all in a downloadable .zip from my dropbox Let me know if you need a different format/resolution.

For those of you who do not have any 3d software but would like to see a rough model, have a look at this .pdf ensure you use an adobe reader as 3rd party/web browser apps will not work. Also so you can see before you download, view the youtube vid in HD.

Anyone with other models I'd be happy to convert to 3d_pdf if needed.

As for the Tcase... well it probably some snake oil I was fed. Cheers for the info though

Last edited by major_magnet; 31-10-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: formatting.