AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - KL TH CV boot
Thread: KL TH CV boot
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022
Senior Newbie

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default KL TH CV Boot

The boots on the axles are non replaceable, you will have to buy a new or used shaft that only fits a Trailhawk, apparently they are different from other models, there is a u tube video on this. I just went through a similar exercise on my Trailhawk where the seal on the front of the tail shaft was spraying grease on the underbody, a new tail shaft is over 3K. I purchased a used one for $1400 delivered Cairns. I tried Jeep for assistance for a part that should not fail, they referred me to the dealer for them to put in a claim. The service manager said that he required the original sales invoice, and would not accept the stamped and signed log book, because I don't use the dealer for service, he required a copy of every service invoice. The reason that I don't go to the dealer is that even if I supplied oil my which met Jeep specs they would not use it. I noticed a Trailhawk being wrecked on the internet the other day. I got my tail shaft through Hammonds in Capalaba Brisbane.