AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4.0l XJ overheating? Start here - the basics!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011
WELDING RODS FOR STEERING

Liked 224 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgebone View Post
i am coming to a conclusion from the replys already regarding the coolant and mix thing....ive always bought concentrate coolant and mixed it 50/50 with distilled water. my theory was why pay extra to some coolant company for their overpriced distilled water (or whatever form of water they use). but now after reading the comments about additives and ratios im thinking maybe this is a bad idea especially when it comes to the additives being watered down. i spoze one could just add some extra to the 50/50 but im thinking the cost is going to end up being the same. so why not buy good quality pre-mix with everything already at the correct ratios? ill be looking closely at the pre-mix brands next time i make a parts run. maybe Nulon, Castrol or Prestone have just what the dr ordered....i told you i would turn if i had a good reason!
Personally I have always used concentrate for the same reason. This time it was the castrol, but I have used tectaloy and others for my other cars without any complaints.