AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK Newbie - looking for guidance
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis View Post
Thanks everyone.

I can't seem to find a clear answer about front recovery points. I've had a look through the forums and online but am still unsure what to do. Is it safe to assume the existing factory ring on the bottom right is not suitable as a recovery point?

If not, am I required to upgrade to a TJM or ARB bull bar? The ARB guys couldn't guarantee that the bar has rated recovery points. Or can I have points installed directly onto the front frame?

I have a factory installed tow bar for the back and will pick up a d-ring tow accessory, as I'm told this is suitable for the back.

Much appreciated,
Adam
ARB will not guarantee their recovery points because they do not want to be sued by someone that hurts themselves or others when using them for a recovery. However they will work for recoveries as many people on here including myself will attest to.

DO NOT use the existing ring on the front as it is a tie down point only.

Don't worry too much about it. As stated earlier, a pair of recovery tracks and a shovel will get you out of 99% of situations for the type of driving you want to do.

If you are concerned that it isn't enough then as per your own suggestion, get yourself a hitch recovery shackle for your rear bar as these work really well.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders