AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Grand cherokee (WK) pics share them
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default camping weekend

Took the GC for a bit of a spin with the camper trailer on the back. I want to stick a couple of Jeep mags on it but LOTH said something about being a little gay and pretentious. Went north of Brisvegas to Blackbutt to do a bit of bike riding on the Brisbane valley rail trail, and put a bit of a load behind the car. Load what load? Cruised along the highway with trailer at 110 and the thing was still in econo. Up hill and down dale without a problem, and did not decrease the fuel economy by very much at all. The trailer upset the blind spot detector a little along the way, especially when LOTH and I are having a 3 way arguement with Feral Sheryl (the sat nav girl). Sheryl says left, LOTH says right , I want to go straight ahead, and the blind spot detector is going ding ding because I have the right indicator on.

The bike ride is another story, but suffice to say that there was a little town called Linville along the way, and that was like entering hillbilly fantacy land. The pub itself is a relic from the 1900's and so are the townsfolk. All that was missing was the toothless banjo picker on the front step. They had a catfish fishing club, complete with photos on the wall.

Pictures of the Jeep at start, and a few of the camp. Mind you no camp is complete without the coffee machine.

My interactive cruise control camera is playing up, and Jeep is having a bit of trouble trying to fix it. If you are going on dirt with holes in it, I suggeat that the plactic apron with the camera comes off first.

Next trip will be in the dirt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blackbutt camp.jpg
Views:	1190
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	49159   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackbutt camp2.jpg
Views:	1003
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	49160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blackbutt start.jpg