AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Thanks for the advice guys, have not phoned anyone yet, however, Prestige in WA is $22 cheaper for the 3420 and $60 cheaper on the 3440 and they ship anywhere in Aus for free.

So Olbis may have been the cheapest in Brisbane, but with free shipping looks like my business will go to WA.

Interxj - I put an exact 20l from a jerry can at home, drove straight down to the Ferny Grove BP and was able to put a further 109.8l in, stopping at the second auto cut off (petrol is not foamy like diesel) once it clicked off and restarted but slower and then stopped on second click.

Went in and paid, on my way out i could see a fuel drip, a fast drip, but not excessive (i know any fuel drip is excessive safety speaking, but this was just a drip) so i went home, jacked the XJ up enough to get the old plastic tank with its large round hole near the drain plug, a huge funnel and apart from the constant trickle down my arm spilt very little, drained 25-30 litres so the level was now below the pump gasket, we are still driving it trying to get the level down to where i think i can man handle the thing out. I used permatex No 3 as suggested in the instructions, however i only used it on the metal ring not the rubber, as i did not know if it would react. The rubber was so tight i used a little vaseline on the rubber and side of the unit, maybe this is what created my leak.