AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Led headlights
Thread: Led headlights
View Single Post
Old 19-12-2018
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnut View Post
Thanks kindly, seeing as this scanner is proven to work can you share a link to it also? Cheers.
I will share it but reluctantly.....purely because the website is very waffley, he's based in AU but bills in USD, there are reports (though I can't confirm or deny) he repackages free or cracked software, and he claims the reader contains "genuine" ELM firmware flashed into their own chip, however ELM confirmed to me they don't provide firmware to anyone and only sell pre-programmed chips, so the seller is making false claims......however.....

it does work, and passes all of the tests for an ELM 2.1 interface unlike any of my other devices I own ( and I own 4 others of different styles) ....so on that front it get a positive.

Shame ELM electronics make it so hard to get a genuine device with a genuine chip.

I found a seller in Europe that sells a scanner with the genuine chips, but they never got back to me with a shipping quote.

Deffo avoid the cheapy ebay ones for an application like this....they simply won't work.

Sorry for the long post.....here's the link:

https://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/elm327/