AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jambo 2014..............?????????
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012
Jeepin' is incurable....

Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
It's not that simple, or that easy, CJ and it's dealers do not fund the Jamboree, it is the individual club that host it that funds it (with the assistance of their sponsors - one of which might be CJ), and the attendees fees.

The risk lies with the Club. Clubs considering this should really talk to former Club hosts to gather information on the level of involvement both in terms of effort and finance that is required. Former club hosts can provide a great deal of insight into the processes that need to be in place to successfully organise a Jamboree.
I was oversimplifying it, as without CJ support, the rest won't be likely to happen anyway. I was on the committee that started the process of bringing 2010 to Vic and in the club when MJOC did it in 2004 and our business plan was crucial in both cases, without those they key sponsor wouldn't have been on board. You're right though as to a good starting point, as long as those who were around then can still be found, very few of 2004 committee members are still active in MJOC.