AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Is the Australian Jeep Gladiator struggling?
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2020

Default Elephant in the room

Hi all
I have managed to have look at the Gladiator here in Perth and found it interesting at how little information was given to the dealer.
After a long chat with the salesman I left him with the following points that FCA should know but haven't seen written in any article about the Gladiator in Australian media.

The price is well over the competitor's as its aimed at mid sized dual cab ute.

Resale value on a jeep is bad to say the least!

The after sales service is poor when it comes to jeep dealers. (price wont fix that.)

The JL Rubicon was not imported with 33" tyre's so I'm guessing that the Gladiator will be the same. Apart from being over priced this is the biggest mistake they will make in my opinion.

so with the high price and the resale value (for current Jeeps) being so poor there is only one option and that is a land cruiser 79.

the land cruiser is the Gladiators only competitor in Australia and the media i would say have been gagged when it comes to this comparison.
I have a JKU 2007 with 176K on the clock which when new was $45k and today as a trade in $10k if I'm lucky.
A 79 dual cab's are still getting $30k to $40k with 200K plus on the clock and that's around 50% of the purchase price.

Love my JKU and cant wait to get a Gladiator Rubicon but with the things mentioned above and not being US spec the price is to high!