AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Isofix? did anyone see today tonight? or know anything about it?
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation ISOFIX Why are we waiting?

ISOFIX / Latch - Amazing isn’t it over 20 years ago Australia and a number of other countries started working on a better car seat. When they finished it was approved in Europe and USA with Renault starting making complying cars as early as the year 2000.
These ISOFIX seats are simple to use and have a click and an indicator to show correct fitting.
Part of the quick introduction in the UK was due to an Australian expert who advised the UK regulators of his research into the alarming number of incorrectly fitted car seats. ISOFIX seats have very little movement and never come loose, they are every bit as good as a "correctly fitted" Australian seat - if that’s even a possibility.
Worldwide adoption will not only make car travel safer it may also make Air travel safer as this design would be a great improvement for in flight safety. Australian aviation authorities are waiting to test – just as soon as the various ADR, Road rules etc departments do the obvious. Not to mention stop the hassle of renting poor quality ill fitting car seats at your destination.
RICARO have been working on getting the seats approved in Australia. I haven’t seen much effort from any other manufactures. My next seat for me or my child will most likely be a RICARO.

Seems Australian children don’t deserve the option of having the best.

Last edited by Rollond; 18-04-2010 at 05:12 PM.