AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Best Selling Jeep in the US?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post
Jeep dealers need to improve their acts substantially to stop this person voting with the wallet!
Absolutely. Mine has developed a rotational squeak when rolling. First dealer tried to repair. Claimed it was fixed. It wasn't. They tried again by doing exactly the same "repair". Surprise surprise - not fixed. They also managed to loosen/almost shear the bolt heads on half of the wheel bolts in the process, so it's never going back to that dealership. Dealership number 2 diagnosed as needing a new driveshaft, and carried out the work - apparently over $3k worth of work... Claimed all good - but the noise is unchanged...

I don't expect perfection from any vehicle. The handful of issues I've had I would consider fairly minor - nothing that's kept it off the road - but the experience of getting them rectified is always a huge pain in the ass because of the lack of skill/interest/knowledge of FCA and it's dealers. I dread to think what I'd be up against in the case of a major failure...