AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK: weekend warrior build up
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Knocking a few things off the priority list.

Thanks to @Nanook's generosity, I picked up some black Mopar tubular side steps from him last night to replace the broken aluminium steps that came on the JK. He has a really nice rig! Thanks again for the steps

Found slight damage and rusting to the pinch seam once I took the aluminium steps off. No washers were used and the bolts weren't stainless - I really hate rust of any kind. Cleaned it up and sprayed with Penetrol to stop further rusting.

The JK looks a bit funny without any steps on. Look at that chassis rail!

And today I had the dodgy tyres replaced with Falken Wildpeak MT01s. I was using Wildpeak AT3Ws on my last 4WD and they were really good, but I was keen to try the muddies this time around since the Jeep is a weekend car.

I think there's only an inch in height increase coming from the old 245/75R16 to the new 285/75R16? Definitely feels better though. While there's no rubbing at the moment, the tyres are sitting wide enough to hit the flares once it gets some flex offroad.

And with the side steps and new tyres, the JK's starting to look a bit better.

Last edited by acs85; 13-10-2019 at 10:56 PM.