AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your WK Grand today?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLaugesen View Post
I have to admit that I rolled my eyes a bit when I started reading... I'm not a fan of the 'blacking out' craze. But that looks excellent!
Good choice on the anthracite metallic grey, makes all the difference IMO.
Cheers mate—and I'm with you. The 'blacking out' feels a bit commonplace (almost rife on that other Jeep forum), but I still want to get away from the bog stock 'carpark crawler' look. I live near Wagga (and work in Wagga) and there are just so many new GCs getting about driven by platinum blonde soccer mums and it's driving me up the wall.

For mine, I'm aiming for a tougher, more aggressive off-road look and capability. I'm a big fan of the Trailhwak II, Trail Warrior and more recently the Overlander concepts—I think they each have some beautifully functional aesthetic elements, so I have drawn inspiration from these. I have a bit of a vision of how I'd like my GC to come together, and it might take 2 years or so but I'll get there. I just wish I could buy the flares from those concept vehicles!