AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Don’t hold back
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyC76 View Post
Ok, so to try and be constructive and put some reasoning behind my dislike for the advertisement.

I think they need to put an Australian spin to the montage. Perhaps some images of people visiting iconic places in Australia in their jeeps, Fraser island, Ayres rock ect. This would help potential clients and current owners make a connection with the jeep brand that has local links. In so creating a lifestyle image of jeep that is connected with the Australian landscape, not images which show the Grand Canyon in the background. Imagine a Wrangler getting some articulation in front of Ayres rock or a Grand Cherokee crossing a sandy creek at central station Frasier Island. Jeep Australia needs to use images we, Australians, can relate good experiences to, not experiences that Americans relate to. This, in my opinion, is where the campaign falls down.
I like the ad but it would be better with some iconic Aussie destinations as you suggest.