AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - I deleted my "Service 4WD System" fault code!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 127 Times in 96 Posts
Default I deleted my "Service 4WD System" fault code!

Gents,

Early days as I only got it sorted tonight, but I've finally managed to delete the C140F fault code, and now I have my low range back!

I purchased the Lemur Monitors BlueDriver BT dongle for $150 AUD to the door, from these guys:

http://www.lemurmonitors.com/

Then, I followed these instructions to the letter, that I found via Google:

1. Replace the actuator. Refer to the procedures identified in the appropriate Service Information
for additional information.

The above I didn't need to do, as the actuator is rarely at fault and the cause is usually something else

2. Perform a key cycle (Key ON and then key OFF). Allow sufficient time for the FDCM and the
entire vehicle bus to go to sleep. To be sure the entire vehicle bus to go to sleep, disconnect
all diagnostic tools from the vehicle, turn off the key, and remove key from the ignition. Close
all doors. Wait 5 minutes.
3. After performing the key cycle, DO NOT attempt to shift the transfer case using the customer
switch. This will prevent the C140F fault from clearing later.
4. Re-connect the diagnostic tool and cycle the key ON.
5. Select the FDCM, and issue the clear faults command two times. It is required to issue the
clear faults command twice.
6. After approximately 6 seconds, the C140F fault will de-mature to a “Stored” status. Confirm
that the diagnostic tool reports that the C140F fault is in a stored status (not “Active”). If after
30 seconds the fault is not in a stored status, return to step 3 and try again.
7. Once the C140F fault is in a stored status, perform one additional “Clear Faults” command.
This will completely remove the fault from the FDCM memory and return the 4WD system to
an operational status.
8. Perform a T-Case range shift to confirm that the 4WD system will shift to 4WD Low Range.
Shift the T-Case back to 4WD High Range. Repair complete.

I'll give it a go over the weekend, but it's great to know that you don't need an expensive scan tool to get into this system and delete the codes.

Cheers,

Robert