AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4.0l XJ overheating? Start here - the basics!
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

After many years (8 approx of my ownership) of running what I can only assume is the original radiator fitted to my car which makes it 16yrs old the old copper/plastic unit had to be changed as it was weeping around where the tanks seal against the core.
So I flushed it all, put in an aftermarket copper/brass unit, fitted a new 192*f thermostat replacing a genuine 195*f (god only knows how old that is as the engine was swapped last year) running a new waterpump and twin electrics it now runs way cooler then it ever did.
When stock or even with the new pump and twin electrics it would sit rock solid on around 95* all day every day, on the highway, in traffic, towing my camper trailer didn't matter, heavy 4wding was the only thing that would make any difference but now the temp is all over the place from just over 1/4 (around 70*) up to the normal 90's range according to the guage, it doesn't look like a lot on the guage but when it never used to move at all it is a little odd.
What I haven't tried yet is my camper on it since the xmas overheating debacle which inspired all these replacements....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland