AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Pulled the trigger - new lift on the way!
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2018
Established Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozian View Post
Finally got all the parts and installed the lift!! No issues with the installation other than the usual having to cut the inner fender to get to the passenger side top shock nut. Getting the bolts lined up for the new control arms took a bit of muscle, but nothing a good pry bar didn’t fix!

I removed the rear spacer in the end as I didn’t want to end up with any rake, and I’m glad I did. I gained about an inch (25mm) all around compared to the levelling kit (so about 3” up front and 2” in back over stock), and it’s perfectly level at 505mm at the pinch seam corners.

Initial impression is WOW!!! The Jeep rides soooo much better than before. Smooth, controlled, no more brake dive or wallowing around corners. The added caster from the Teraflex control arms is noticeable, and the steering wheel centres much quicker. I haven’t been on the highway yet, but expect a significant improvement in straight line tracking.

Side note, I also found the culprit of my slight front wheel shimmy. Turns out the shop that installed my new wheels and tyres didn’t remove the retainer clips front the discs. Sorted now.

Pics!

Before with Teraflex levelling kit:

Rancho 2” Sport lift installed:

Rear shocks and Teraflex track bar bracket:

Front shocks and Teraflex Sport control arms:

I’m happy!!!!
Gidday Ozian,

Mate great looking rig well done, nice tyre rim ratio + lift looks good + sensational colour, enjoy