AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Mods VSB 14
Thread: XJ Mods VSB 14
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Thanks for the reply's guys. Ive had another look at VSB14 and basically i cant get it passed with any tyre larger than 50mm from the placard. My limited placard max tyre size is 225/75 15 which is 28.4 inches. At the moment, even 31 inch tyres are a tad too large. I went to my tyre place and he said that a good option would be the Maxxis Bighorn mt 764 30 x 9.5. That will get me passed the pits, the swerve test and engineering. My neighbors son got a big f250 engineered and he is going to get me his contact details. At the moment my plan in the next 12 months is to send in the list of my mods, including slip yoke eliminator, ACOS, quick disconnects, 3.5 inch lift, adjustable control arms, etc... and work with an engineer to get them signed off. Then wait for a group booking or whatever for a swerve test. I will look into who drives etc... Hopefully, when or if it ever passes, i will have a legal jeep. It wont be a daily driver anymore, but for beach adventures etc.. To finish it off i will put on some new Mickey Thompson Deegans which will be 33". Still have to work out what rims i am going to get as the VSB waffles on about offsets, solid axles etc... I will get the engineers advice on this and everything else before i spend any money. I have put a pic up of the rig below. It wont be sold..ever... as it is part of the family and even my 9 year old son is looking forward to having it one day. Also, can you believe the inspector said i needed a permit for the extractors. I said it came from the factory with those... he looked at me and said... well, they still need a permit!! Also, he said my HID spotties were illegal in WA. This place is run by zee Germans.

I made a blue in the gearing below and i will edit it. The gearing is 4.88 (not 3.8 and even with that gearing the Jeep struggles. Need to run a stroker 4.7 through it one day.

Last edited by alexbrown64; 22-03-2018 at 06:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add something