AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Awning for 2017 grand Cherokee
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm View Post
Anyone fit a Darche 270 deg on a WK2,slightly worried about the boot door opening and pushing up against the awning.
I was going to go with a Chief Full Roof Rack System. But I am now considering the Rhino Platform with Backbone, as accessories can be bought locally in town. Although they wont give it a load rating, it bolts to the gutter with nutserts as opposed to the OEM roof rails, so should take as much as the Chief as that sits in the channel also.

Anyone any thoughts on this setup?
I've got the Chief rails with a Rhino platform on top. Best of both worlds in my opinion - didn't have to drill into the gutters, an increased load capacity (or at least a bit more confidence), still get the abundance of accessories for the pioneer platform, and picked up the platform off gumtree for a significant saving over RRP.

I've also not seen a single WK2 with the backbone yet (in person or on various forums/groups), which is interesting...