AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Death Wobbles WJ
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadonga View Post
Hi All
I have a WJ Diesel that's done 240000km. I have just put a EFS 40mm lift in with shocks and springs. I have replaced all Tie Rod ends and have added a return to Centre Tough Dog Steering Damper. I had massive death wobble issues when I first did lift. added Damper, still wobbles. Replaced all Tie Rod ends and problem fixed. Noticed that the steering felt a lot more stable and solid. Well I thought issue was fixed . Loaded about 80kg in the rear today and at about 70km got the wobbles again. I noticed when I got in the car steering felt light. Sick of this car trying to Kill me
I know this has been touched on before but as the car is not worth a lot these days I really want to spend as less as possible on the thing as it has - let me say, tort myself a lot about fixing cars over the years I have owned it.
Just want to know is there a Aussie Supplier for Track Bar? Don't think I need adjustable, just as cheap as possible. From past experiences has anyone solved the issue through Proper alignment/Camber correction.
Am I on the right track?
Not real keen to do Control arms as its more money and they look a pita, especially upper Bushing.
Cheers John
I think you have to keep attacking the problem. You may have to change every bushings. There are a couple of youpubes that show easy ways of getting the control arm bushings out (use a drill), so you can replace them and don’t have to buy the whole arm as they cost the leg too.

Call Dave Thomas at All American Wheeling, Stu at Murchison Products both in Brisbn or Steve Ackfer at Motive Mechanical Goldie for the trackbar as they are all WJ experts. No WJ experts in Sydney

Jeeeparts Recyclers, Hervey Bay.

Otherwise it’s deja deja vu wobblies.

Wobbly Jeep.